
Living in suburban AD has been terrible for the health. Although the alcohol intake has been much reduced, I have now started eating things like frankfurters, mars bars and instant noodles on a regular basis. This is partly due to laziness, as 50% of the time I cannot face preparing real meals when I get home from work, but also because cooking for one person is never as appealing. I am now familiar with all the processed food brands in the frozen and refrigerated sections at Carrefour. Last week in the supermarket I noticed the contents of the basket of the 30-something year old, single, expat man behind me – it was remarkably similar. Pre-packaged food, nuts, chocolate… plus about 5 packs of Marlboro Lights (which thankfully I haven’t been driven to yet).
So, in order to encourage healthy eating, or at least more diverse meals, I have decided to photograph dinner each day. Here’s the first! Thai noodles with veggies, egg, and YUK beef frankfurters (there were two left, which I had to use up, and I still have 3 unopened packs in the freezer – there was a promotion!!).
Do you have beancurd in AD? Subsitue with Beancurd would be good as the dish looks great.
ReplyDelete