Saturday, August 8, 2009

Abu Dhabi Day 7 – Friday 7 August 2009


A quiet day at home… A day of being a domestic goddess rather than an intrepid explorer. A day of cooking mum’s yummy vegetable soup recipe, and fresh pasta sauce and doing the laundry and watching TV and dancing around the living room and kitchen to the Black Eyed Peas whilst cleaning the floor.

A day of trying to eradicate the entire Abu Dhabi ant population. Who knew that ants could exist in such a place. I feel like I am on the moon when I look out my window, with nothing around except dust, and yet there are millions of ants which appear if even a miniscule amount of food falls on the floor.

Ants, ants everywhere. Every table, every chair!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds horrid. I can feel the dust and boredom. We had our sunday soup today, both Dad and Miche liked it.

    Pls drive carefully and defensively - that's the first advice I got when I arrived in Singapore. Perhaps not to drive late at night.

    ReplyDelete